If you work in an office, a time may come when you should buy a gift to thank someone. To help you choose the perfect gift, we’re going to go over some of what you should do and shouldn’t do. We also have a list of great ideas on specific gifts you can give a coworker in your office.
Tips for Office Thank You Gifts
Here’s a look at some of the things you want to keep in mind before you buy anyone in the office a thank you gift
- Timing is Important – When sending a thank you gift to someone in the office, it’s important to make sure you act in a timely manner. If the person you’re thanking with a gift did something for you over a month ago, they may not even remember what they did. In general, you want to try to get a gift to them at least a week after they helped you so that the situation is fresh in their mind.
- What to Say – While thanking someone closely after they’ve helped you is important for a thank you gift, what you write on the card is also important. Think carefully about the message you write. As you’re going to be working with the person, you don’t want to get too personal. At the same time, you don’t want to be cold and distant with your thanks either.
- Don’t Go Too Far – You may think this isn’t possible, but you’d be wrong. Too often, people give a gift that’s way to extravagant or expensive to someone that only helped a little. You want to make sure that your thank you gift matches the level of the help you got from a person. This may be difficult for some, but with a little thought you’re sure to come up with something appropriate.
Buying a thank you gift may sound like it’s easy, but as you can see from the short list above, there are a lot of things you need to think about before you buy anything.
Best Thank You Gifts for Office Worker
Finding the most awesome gift for a coworker doesn’t need to be difficult. Next, we’re going to give you some specific ideas on what to get them.
- Scrapbook – This is going to take a little time and effort, but that’s the whole point. You don’t need to spend a ton of money in order to thank someone at the office. Collect some office pictures on the sly and put them together in a “memory book” that the other person can enjoy for years to come.
- Picture Frames – Another inexpensive idea is to get a picture frame. If you have a good work photo to put in it, this is a good idea. Even if you don’t, the frame alone can still be a good moderately priced gift that many people would enjoy. However, having a great photo in it makes it even more personal and a better gift overall.
- Gift Baskets – While these may sound commonplace and boring, you might be surprised at how happy some people are when they get one. You’ll have a wide range of price points to choose from when you go with this gift, which is helpful when you’re trying to make sure you get something appropriate.
- Gift Certificates – This may seem like an impersonal gift, but this is the point. To make sure it’s at leas a little personal, try to get something you know the person is going to enjoy. If they’re coffee drinkers, for example, a Dunkin’ Donuts gift certificate can be an awesome gift they’re really going to enjoy.
Buying a thank you gift for someone in the office is a great idea, but you really want to make sure you spend the time to get them something that’s appropriate and that they will love. Doing this isn’t always easy, but with a little effort you’re sure to come up with something good. Be sure to look around the rest of our website for even more ideas.
And if you have a great thank you gift idea for an office worker that has worked out well for you in the past, please leave us a comment and let us know. At Awesome Gifts, we’re all about finding the best gifts for all sorts of occasions – even if we don’t come up with the idea originally!