Know someone who is really into dogs? If so, we have some gift ideas you’re going to want to check out – both for the human and the four legged companion! The important thing to remember is that you want to get something that both are going to enjoy. This can be difficult sometimes, but with our list of ideas, you’re sure to find something they’ll love – or at least get some ideas for your own gift.
Best Gifts for Dog Lovers
If you’re buying a gift for someone who loves dogs, this list of gift ideas is a great starting point.
- Futon Dog Bed – Okay. This is more for the dog, but you can be sure that the dog’s owner is also going to be happy. A lot of different styles are available, with all sorts of materials used to make the bed. The only drawback on this gift idea is that it can be a bit expensive if you’re trying to stay under a certain dollar amount.
- The Tagg Tracker – This is around $100 with an $8/month fee currently, but it’s really useful – especially for dogs that like to wander away for one reason or another. This GPS collar clip and charger station is pretty nifty and will let you see how much exercise your dog is getting as well as let you know where they are at all times.
- Dyson Groom Tool – You can get this for $70, but anyone who has one will tell you it’s worth that and much more. If you have a dog that sheds a lot during the warmer months, this is an amazing way to take care of it with your Dyson mower. Over 300 individual slicker bristles help collect as much hair as possible.
- Filson Dog Car Seat Saver – This is really great for people who like to take their canine friend(s) with them in the car. It gives smaller dogs a comfortable place to sit while not tearing up the inside of your car. Be prepared to spend around $150 on this, but it’s going to make an awesome gift.
- Mutt Mitt – This is a great, biodegradable way for a friend or loved one to pick up poop left behind by their pooch. It’s only $10 for a hundred of them, so this is really inexpensive. It makes a great gift for any dog owner who has complained about following their dog around lately.
- Custom Pet Portrait – If you have a picture of a pet, it’s really easy to get a portrait done of them. Trust us when we say dog lovers are going to go crazy over this one. Prices for this will range anywhere from $20 to $200 or more depending on the artist you have do the portrait.
- Wooden Leash Holder – You’ve probably heard of a key holder and things to hold jackets or coats, but check into getting a wooden leash holder.If you’re really creative, get one that’s shaped like a dog bone. This is actually something you can make on your own if you’re good with woodworking.
- FURminator deShedding Tool – This is another inexpensive gift that will go over well with a dog and their owner. It’s specially made to help with dogs that are shedding during the warmer months. This is a high quality grooming tool that is sure to be appreciated.
- Books on Dog Training – Know someone who has a dog that misbehaves a lot? Why not get them a book (or more than one) on how to train their dog. This probably won’t be a good gift idea if you were just complaining about the behavior of someone’s dog, but if the pet owner was complaining, get some obedience books!
- Dog Movies – We could do a whole post on classic dog movies – and maybe we will if enough people leave comments! In all seriousness, this is a great gift idea that doesn’t cost a lot of money and will make a dog lover smile. Try to stay away from the well known classics and get something they might not have seen before.
Remember – if you have any of your own ideas, leave us a comment below and let us know! We love to hear from all of our readers at Awesome Gifts because they can help with gift ideas and also let us know how we’re doing. As long as you spend some time thinking about the people who are getting your gift and make it something personal, there’s a good chance they’re going to really like what you get.