Summertime can seem like it lasts forever when you’re a child – especially if you have the right toys and games to keep you busy. If you’re looking for some gift ideas for kids during the summer months, we have you covered. We have seven top gifts for three different age groups, so there’s sure to be something for everyone.
7 Great Gifts for Babies and Toddlers
Babies and toddlers aren’t too picky about what gifts you give them – as witnessed by the thrill of playing with an empty cardboard box for hours! However, we thought it would be fun to come up with seven super ideas for gifts for babies and toddlers in the summer months.
- Socks or Sandals – Depending on the age of the baby or toddler, something as small as a nice pair of sandals or flip-flops or some great summer socks are a good gift idea.
- Bonnet – While this can look adorable and cute on a young girl, it’s also going to protect her from the harsh rays of the sun.
- New Clothes – Another great idea is clothing. As children are growing so fast at this age, it can be hard to keep them in clothes that fit!
- Plush Toys – A new stuffed animal is a great, inexpensive way to make a small child happy. They might just end up keeping it with them their whole life.
- Bath Toys – Toys to play with in a wading pool or the bathtub are another good idea if you don’t want to spend a lot of money.
- Food – Babies and toddlers can’t eat every food, but you can get something they really like and it would make a terrific gift.
- Piggy Bank – Teaching children to save – even at a young age – is a good idea. There are a ton of cute piggy banks out there for boys and girls.
7 Terrific Gift Ideas for Young Children
As children get to be school age, they’re going to want different gifts, of course. This is why we spent some time coming up with seven awesome gift ideas for younger children during the summer months.
- Trip to the Water Park – This isn’t a gift that they’ll be able to keep around, but they’ll likely carry the memories of the day around with them for the rest of their lives. Best of all, you get to spend time with your children.
- Swimwear – Kids at this age love getting wet, so a perfect gift can be something as simple as a new bathing suit. Just make sure you know what size to get before you purchase it.
- Sports Equipment – Whether it’s a badminton set, a basketball or even a soccer ball, getting sports equipment is a great idea for children because it will get them away from the TV and tablet and engaging in physical activity!
- Arts and Crafts – Another good idea for rainy days is to get them something that they can use to create art. This doesn’t have to be expensive oil paints at this age. A box of crayons and printer paper works fine for a lot of children.
- Water Guns / Balloons – If you don’t like the idea of getting children a gun – even if it’s just filled with water – going with balloons instead can still help them cool down in the hot summer sun while having fun.
- Sandcastle Tools – Even if you don’t visit the beach very often, having a set of buckets and shovels to make a sandcastle is a great gift idea for the summer that doesn’t cost a lot of money.
- Inflatable Pool – Sometimes kids just want to get wet and cool down. They don’t really care about whether or not the pool is huge or fancy as long as they can play in it. This is why a small inflatable pool is so great. For just a little bit of money you can get a wonderful gift that will be enjoyed all summer.
7 Top Gifts for Tweens and Teens
Last but not least, we have some ideas for gifts for the group of children that can be notoriously hard to satisfy. Luckily, we have over a half dozen gifts they’re going to love all summer long.
- Swimming Pool – This doesn’t need to cost a ton of money, but you should make sure you get something large enough for them to have fun in. A blow-up wading pool is most likely not going to cut it.
- Kindle – Yes, this can be a bit expensive, but the Paperwhite version is only around a hundred dollars and if it gets your tween or teen reading more, it’s definitely a sound investment.
- Bicycle – The Diamondback Miz Della Cruz is a great choice for girls with many other options available for boys. Make sure to go ahead and purchase a helmet and knee pads as well to keep them safe.
- Art Set – Something like the Darice 80-Piece Deluxe Art Set is a great idea for boys and girls who are getting into art in a big way or have been artistic their whole life. For one low price, you get everything they need to create art.
- S’mores Maker – Yes, you can get an electronic gift that can make your summertime favorite without the need for a fire. The Old Fashioned S’mores Maker doesn’t come with chocolate or marshmallows but those and the graham crackers are easy to get.
- Shoes – Whether it’s tennis shoes, loafers or good, old fashioned sandals, shoes are a great inexpensive summer gift for boys and girls of any age, but especially for teens and tweens.
- Digital Camera – If your teen or tween enjoys capturing memories, get them a decent digital camera to use. Budgets can vary wildly on this with point and shoot ones available for under $100 and better DSLR cameras starting at around $500.
Finding the Perfect Summer Gifts for Kids
Now that you have a list of ideas for different age groups, it’s time for you to get involved. If you think we left something off of one of the lists above or you want to share your opinion, leave a comment below. When it comes to giving gifts to children, we’re here to help you decide where to best spend your hard earned money.