Do you have a wedding coming up on your schedule? If you’re having trouble trying to figure out what gift to get, we have you covered. We’re going to give you some advice before you make a decision about what to buy and also give you a list of gift ideas that will help you find something great.
Before Buying a Wedding Gift
Here are some things you need to think about before you rush off and buy a wedding gift for someone. By following these tips, you’re sure to get an awesome gift that the bride, groom or both will enjoy.
- Use The Registry – Don’t be a renegade! The best way to get a gift that a married couple is going to love is by listening to what they need. This is done by using the wedding registry they’ve set-up. Doing this can make the buying an appropriate gift easier in many ways.
- Spend More than $50 – While this is just a guideline, spending less than $50 is not a good idea in most cases. You’ll want to spend an amount that reflects how close you are to the people being married. For example, if they’re coworkers, you might want to stick around the $50 level while if they’re family you might want to spend a couple hundred or more.
- Join a Group – In some cases, you may want to join in with friends and family to get the bride and groom a large gift – like a car or something else really expensive. By pooling your resources with other people, you’re going to be able to get a much nicer gift in most cases.
- Be Timely – Last but not least, you want to make sure that you give the gift at the wedding or shortly after if you’re not attending. If you signed a registry to say you’re going to get a gift and you still haven’t given it in a month or two after the wedding, the happy couple may start to wonder.
As you can see, you’re going to need to put some thought into what gift you purchase for a newly married couple.
10 Awesome Gift Ideas for Weddings
Now that you have a few tips for purchasing the gift, let’s take a look at some specific gift ideas. As mentioned, you’re going to want to use their wedding registry, but if everything has been bought on that, these ideas will help you choose something appropriate.
- Rosenthal Mini Porcelain Vases – These are generally priced under $50 each, so you may want to consider getting a set of them. Even if you just get a couple, they’re a great gift that the couple will be able to use and enjoy for years to come.
- Pioneer Canvas Picnic Basket – Picnic baskets come in all shapes, sizes and price ranges. In general, you can get something nice for around $50, but the really good ones can cost $150 or more.
- Fire Pit with Screen and Cover – If the people getting married enjoy the outdoors at night, a fire pit is a great idea for a gift. They can be had for around $100. Make sure you get something that’s safe and also looks good.
- Wooden Bowl Set – This is another great gift you can usually find for under $100. For newly married couples, having matching dishes might not be their biggest concern, but this is a great way to help them out while showing off your style.
- Digital Photo Frame – While standard picture frames are nice, a digital photo frame allows people to proudly display multiple photos wherever they want. Even better, try to stock it with photographs before you give it as a gift.
- SoHo Decanter – If either the bride or groom likes enjoying an adult beverage occasionally, a nice crystal decanter makes a great wedding gift in the $200 price range.
- Art / Paintings – Whether it’s a bronze sculpture or a painting by their favorite local artist, giving art for a wedding gift is a great way to personalize the gift. Just make sure you don’t get anything too risque.
- Juicer – This is a great wedding gift for couples who are really into fitness or eating healthy. Spend at least $200 or more to make sure you’re getting something that’s built to last a long time.
- Robot Vacuum – Yes, you can get your married friends a robot these days. You’re going to spend over $200 in most cases, but this can be a great wedding gift for couples who are really into technology.
- Lawn Furniture – For married couples that are going to be moving into a new home after the ceremony – or even before – some nice lawn furniture is another high-end wedding gift you should consider.
Buying the perfect wedding gift is not impossible if you give it some thought before you make a purchase. The list above should help give you some unique ideas. If you have any other wedding gift ideas, leave us a comment below and let us know what you would recommend. At Awesome Gifts, we love to hear from our readers because it helps us in our quest to find the absolutely best gifts for all people and all occasions.